Please click here to read or download our Admissions Policy ST Luke AT Admissions 2019
St Brendans Application form
Allocation of Places
- All applications for a place in the school must be made through Northamptonshire County Council (NCC). Applications can be made on-line at: northamptonshire.gov.uk/admissions or by contacting the School Admission Team on 01604 236599
- Applicants wishing to be considered under the school’s faith criteria must also complete a Supplementary Information Form and a Reference Form from their Parish Priest or Religious Leader and return them to the school. These forms are available at the school. If applying under faith criteria, a copy of the child’s baptismal certificate will be required. In the case of Christian and other faith applicants, where baptism has not taken place, a reference from a Minister of Religion will be required including details of religious practice and place of worship.
- Parents considering making an application are most welcome to make an appointment to visit the school.
- Once all applications have been received by NCC, a list of children who have applied for a place in the school will be provided to the school.
- All applicants will be considered at the same time, after the closing date for admissions.
In accordance with a Government initiative we cannot, other than in cases of ‘excepted pupils,’ (see pupil applications outside the normal admissions round) exceed 30 pupils per class in Key Stage 1
Places will be allocated according to the following order of priority
- Baptised Catholic looked after/previously looked after children
- Looked after/previously looked after children other than Baptised Catholic looked after children
- Baptised practising Catholic siblings of children whose siblings will be in attendance at the school at the date of admission of the younger child, as verified by the baptismal certificate and Priest’s reference form
- Baptised practising Catholic children, as verified by the baptismal certificate and Priest’s reference form
- Baptised non-practising Catholic siblings of children whose siblings will be in attendance at the school at the date of admission of the younger child, as verified by the baptismal certificate
- Baptised non-practising Catholic children, as verified by the baptismal certificate
- Siblings of other children whose siblings will be in attendance at the date of admission
- Children of other Christian denominations, as supported by a reference from their Minister of religion
- Children of other Faiths, as supported by a reference from their Minister of religion
- All other children.
- In the event that any category is over-subscribed priority will be given to applicants in order of geographical proximity to the school. The Governing Body will use Northamptonshire County Council’s GIS computer system to determine the distance between the applicants address and the main school entrance. Distance measurements are carried out using a straight line basis.
|APPLYING FOR A PRIMARY SCHOOL PLACE AND HOW TO MAKE AN APPLICATION Before making an application, please read the ‘Applying for a Primary School Place in Northamptonshire’ booklet for guidance on how to apply, school information and oversubscription criteria at –www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/admissions
Appeals Timetable 2018
Tuesday 16th April 2018 – Notification of Schools Allocations
More Key Dates to follow.
If you Require an Appeals Pack please contact the school office.